1. The scope of this policy:
visitors and subscribers of the websites of Gutenberg Technology;
- natural persons contacting us through the contact or other forms available on the websites;
- subscribers to our newsletter(s);
- users signing in to use our software;
- users signing in to download Free whitepapers, case studies, PDFs & eBooks;
- users signing in to attend and/or watch webinars;
This policy includes a description of your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing activities we carry out.
2. Contacting us
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact Customer Service for assistance, please send us an email at email@example.com
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
3. Collection of Information
The purpose of the Website is to create an online community of professionals involved in Gutenberg Technology who would like to publish and/or assess content.
As part of our effort to create this online community, we receive and store information about you such as:
Comments published on Gutenberg Technology is accessible by all visitors. However, certain Gutenberg Technology and MyEcontentFactory (MEF.io) software and services may require registration. Users may register (“sign-up”) on-site (for example, at https://mef.io/#/info/2c92a0fc5ba41815015ba96c75e2210a?lang=en). Upon signing up, an account is created for the user (“Account”). Users who sign-up on-site are required to confirm their registration by clicking on an activation link which is sent to them via email. All active user accounts have the capability to create content on MEF. Users can gain more capabilities by going through appropriate processes (for example, purchasing a the Growth offer that will give them the capability to publishing on a mobile app).
Users are required to provide part or all of the following information below, depending on the features or services they wish to access (some of which may be automatically retrieved directly from LinkedIn):
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name, size, industry, state, and country
- Job title, focus, and level
- Work phone
Once you complete activation, and you will be able to create your profile (“Profile”).
We automatically track and collect certain non-personal information such as Website navigation data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, timestamps and URLs. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interest, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
To protect you against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims and other liabilities, we only collect an identification number and order details which enable us to match each user to the payments he makes. We do not collect credit card information.
4. Use of Information
We use your information to provide, analyse, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to :
1. We use your Information in order to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe matching; collect fees owed; measure consumer interest in Services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our TOS; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your Business Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy.
2. We use your email to send you system emails about the functionality of our Website that you cannot opt out from and you will have to receive if you want to use our Website. If you want to stop receiving our system emails, you will have to deactivate your Account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We use your email associated with your Account in order to send you newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter email.
4. We may use your Business Information in order to provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics. This particular Business Information will be anonymized, will not contain personal identification and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you.
5. We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Business Information to provide aggregated information about the industry.
6. We collect the IP Addresses to track when you use our Website. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our Services. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website. In specific, we use your IP Addresses for the following reasons:
a. Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
b. Estimate the total number of Internet users visiting our Website from specific countries or regions of the world.
7. For users other than those only signing in to the whitepapers, case studies, eBooks, or Webinar recording page of the Website, we do not share your full name, e-mail, phone number and job title with third parties for their marketing purposes as a matter of course. However, if we decide to share such information, you shall be notified and shall have the option to opt-out from providing us with your personal information above for this purpose.
8. For users signing in to the whitepapers, case studies, eBooks, or webinar recording page of the Website, in consideration for free access to a variety of whitepapers, case studies, eBooks, or Webinar and related resources, you agree that Gutenberg Technology may submit some or all of your Information webinar presenter who may use it for marketing purposes.
5. Protection of Information
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risks of processing your personal information. Indicatively :
1. All our employees, independent contractors, and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
2. We do not make any of your Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. Gutenberg Technology’s software runs on individual servers and no data are given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.If however, we share your Information with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
3. We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access.
4. We do not tolerate Spam. To report Gutenberg Technology related spam, please contact us at email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOS. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
5. Gutenberg Technology does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect the confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account’s username and password.
6. Storage of Information
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our Website’s and user experience and in accordance with our TOS. If you wish that your Business Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the current version of the Computing and Civil Liberties Law of 6 January 1978, on its most up-to-date version, GT made an advance declaration on the 7th of June, 2017 to the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés concerning the processing of Users’ personal data (declaration number: 207095 1) .
GT is responsible for the processing of personal data.
The Client and Users consent to the collection and processing of personal data, as well as data that is non-personally identifiable but necessary for the management of the Services. Collected data allows Clients to subscribe to a Subscription and Users to register online to create an account and to use the Services.
The collection of this data is necessary to manage Subscriptions to Services, payments for Services, as well as to improve Services and information addressed to Users. This data may also be used for loyalty programs, commercial solicitations, and promotions.
Storage of User’s personal data is provided by Amazon Web Services, Inc., P.O. Box 81226, Seattle, WA 98108-1226, located in the United States.
GT does not communicate Users’ personal data to businesses, organizations or third-parties without the Users consent.
GT may transmit the personal data of Users to its subsidiaries, or other companies or persons of trust that deal for its account, according to its instructions, in accordance with the present General Conditions and in respect of any other appropriate measures of security and confidentiality.
Users’ personal data will be shared with organizations or third-parties only if such sharing or use is reasonably justified:
- by legal or regulatory requirements, judicial proceedings or governmental requests that
are legally binding;
- to apply the General Conditions then in force, including to establish possible breaches
of the latter;
- to detect, prevent or address fraudulent activities, security breaches, or any technical
- to deter any infringement of the rights, property or safety of GT, or of its Users, pursuant to and in compliance with the law.
If GT takes part in a merger, acquisition or any other form of asset transfer, GT agrees to guarantee the confidentiality of personal data and to inform Users before any data is transferred or becomes subject to new rules of confidentiality.
In accordance with the current version of the Computing and Civil Liberties Law of 6 January 1978, GT agrees to adopt any measures that are useful for preserving the security of Users’ personal data, and, in particular, to prevent the distortion, damage or unauthorized access by third-parties to such data.
Personal data will be retained as long as the Client uses the Services and for a maximum duration of 1 year after the end of its use of the Services.
In accordance with the current version of the Computing and Civil Liberties Law of 6 January 1978, any User may at any time access, correct, or block the use of all or part of their personal data by contacting GT at the address indicated in Article 1 and by providing proof of their identity.
7. Information and Rights
Once you have provided your Personal Data, you have several rights, which you can in principle exercise free of charge, subject to statutory exceptions. These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. To exercise any of your rights, you can file a request here email@example.com.
Should you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority where you live or where you believe a breach may have occurred. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant Supervisory Authority.
Right to withdraw consent
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent at any time you choose and at your own initiative by logging into your account on our website (if you have one) or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the collection and processing of your data based on your consent up until the moment where you withdraw your consent.
Right to access and rectify your data
Right to erasure
Right to restriction of processing
Under certain circumstances, you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. This is, for example, the case when you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data. In such event, we will restrict the processing until we can verify the accuracy of your data. Should you wish to have your Personal Data restricted, please file a request here email@example.com.
Right to object to processing
Under certain circumstances, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, including where your Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply click the unsubscription link in any of our emails.
Right to data portability
Where you have provided your data directly to us and where the processing is carried out by automated means and based on your consent or the performance of a contract between you and us, you have the right to receive the Personal Data processed about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and request portability of your Personal Data.
8. Other websites
10. Data Retention
Updated May 24, 2018